Thursday, February 21, 2013

TT-Cleaning your washer


Ok so it isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Mom loves liquid fabric softener, I don't. I prefer to clean the machine before I use it for my loads. You can see the water line. If you look closer you can see I took a swab to reveal a film. That is what fabric softener leaves behind on your clothes with soap.






To clean your machine you need to use the hottest and fullest setting. You are going to add a mixture to the hot water. Let it agitate for a few seconds then stop. You want the mixture to sit 10-30mins depending on how dirty it is.

While it soaks you can take this time to dip a cloth in the solution and wipe the lid, sides and top where the water doesn't reach.

After the elapsed time allow the machine to drain and spin.




 
 


Solution:
Add 3 cups of white vinegar and 1/2 of baking soda. The photo to the right is what my son cause MAGIC. Reaction of vinegar and baking soda.










Smile and admire your clean washer & savings.

Vinegar .33
Baking Soda .16
=$.49

Affresh 2.97 tablet/Eco friendly
Tide $2.62 tablet /tons of perfume







 Past Tips

7 comments:

  1. I have been looking for a cheap way to clean my washer!! I'm going to be trying this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to try this. I'm going to pin this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Savannah. This method not only appears cheap, it looks more effective than adding some expensive detergent that claims will "clean" your washer. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great tip. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to clean mine too.
    Love this post because it's all natural!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your welcome. Way better than highly fragrant brands that scent your loads afterwards.

    ReplyDelete