I first discovered Vitacost December 2011. Amazon was my go to store for discounts and fast shipping. Amazon prices are no longer competitive for the products I love and they no longer offer 2 day free shipping with subscribe and save. With Vitacost Set & Save you get 10% off your locked in lowest price when you order. Yes lock in guarantee lowest price for a product during your ordering cycle.
Gluten free and allergy free foods are hard to find in my local stores. We don't have the convenience of an All Natural Store. Now that Vitacost offers Set & Save I don't see myself shopping around for the best price. I know Vitacost offers what is best for my family.
You can select 2 free samples with each order. Stock up and save for a gift basket or try a new product.
Vitacost offers a referral program. If you sign up with my link, we both earn $10. Once you are familiar with Vitacost, share your love and $10 with your family/friends.
So what are some of my favorite products?
- YS Eco Bee Farms Pure Premium Clover Honey
- Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Rolled Oats
- Arrowhead Mills Organic Flax Seeds
- Vitacost Extra Virgin Certified Organic Coconut Oil
- Spectrum Essentials Chia Seed Omega-3 and Fiber
Use these ingredients to make Granola! Simply replace the Canola oil with Coconut oil. Add 1/4 teaspoon of Chia seeds and Flaxseeds.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Place granola mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet and shape into a rectangle, about 13 x 9 x 1 inch thick.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely then cut into 3 x 1 inch bars.
I found a wonderful recipe for homemade foam soap. You can purchase all the ingredients at Vitacost. No more expensive Bath n Body works when you can mix your own for less. It's Vegan too!
- 1 cup warm distilled water
- 2-4 tablespoons liquid castile soap (Dr. Bronner’s Baby Mild)
- 1 teaspoon pure vegetable glycerine
- 1 teaspoon almond oil
- 16 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- Put all ingredients in a large jar with a lid. Shake to mix. Pour into a soap foamer.
Need more reasons to shop vitacost?
- Convince ordering whenever, wherever.
- No waiting in line.
- Bulk orders
- Reasonable prices
- Something for everyone
- Eating healthy has never been so easy
- Gluten free!