I started formulating my own beauty care products over a year ago. In fact you may find my recipes on this blog. Look to the left for the index. What you won't find in my index is body wash. Why? I don't want to handle Lye. Lye is the main ingredient in soap. It is caustic in its raw form. Saponification is when Lye and fats make soap. The end product is NOT caustic.
Disclosure: This website often reviews products and receives compensation from the retailers of the products it reviews.
The fragrance is divine. The coconut and lime scents are subtle and not overpowering. I find many companies add too much fragrance that aggravates my dry skin.
Tree hut Body wash is well balanced with moisturizing ingredients and uplifting fragrance. This body wash would a great addition to my beauty care inventory.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate-Surfactant
- Cocamidopropyl Betaine -Skin conditioning surfactant foam booster
- Cocamide DEA - surfactant foam booster
- Stearic Acid - thickens and softens
- Glycol Stearate -Emulsifier
- PEG-100 Stearate -thickener, opacifier, and emulsifier
- Glycerin - humectant
- Petrolatum -thick emollient
- Mineral Oil -emollient
- Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Extract)
- Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime Fruit Extract)
- Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower Seed Oil)
- Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
- Phenoxyethanol -Preservative (most likely optiphen since Cap.Glyc is listed below)
- Caprylyl Glycol -preservative-Limits growth of Bacteria. No effect on yeast or fungi
- Sorbic Acid - fungal, mould, and yeast inhibitor
- Diazolidinyl Urea (Germall II)-antimicrobial preservative-formaldehyde releaser
- 2013 Updated Ingredients: ***
- Phenylethanol- anti-microbial
- methylisothiazolinone- Preservative
- PPG-2 Methyl Ether-perfume fixative
- Glycereth-2 cocoate -Emulsifier
- Benzoic Acid -Skin conditioning
You may purchase Tree hut's products online from Amazon, CVS, & Drugstore.com
Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site. Some affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, PickyourPlum.com & Amazon.com.
FTC compliance: While I did receive a product at no charge for review purposes, I was not compensated for this post and all opinions are my own.