Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Lotion 2




The lotion I made at the of January has been working out nicely. My skin is much smoother. I decided to add some extra goodies in my next batch. I wanted something that renewed my skin and offered antioxidants. I have acne, sun damage, eczema, & keratosis pilaris on various sections of my skin. I am looking for one lotion that will soothe all my conditions.

Curcuma Xanthorrhiza CO2 Extract  

  • Recommended Usage: 0.01% - 0.2% 
  • Use in formulations for dry, irritated or chapped skin, & problem skin, such as acne or eczema.  

 

Willow Bark

  • Recommended Usage: 2.5% - 5.0% 
  • Standardized to 10% Salicylic Acid
  • Natural salicylates will enhance skin cell renewal without irritation 

 Antioxidant Synergy Blend 
  •  Recommended Usage: 0.3%
  •  Antioxidant blend of ascorbic acid, rosemary extract, and tocopherols
  •  Topical free radical scavenger for skin care products


Heated Oil:


Heated Water: (put aside extra heated water to compensate for evaporation)


Cool down:


Refer to last month's Lotion post for full instructions on preparing the ingredients.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! With eczema in our family I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This looks great! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you found something that worked for you. I guess you also know exactly what is in the product you are using which is a big plus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Through some trial and error I have. It's nice usually only necessary ingredients and picking my own scents. ;-) Apple pie is my favorite.

      Delete
  4. This sounds great. Thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to make my own skin care products at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sound absolutely heavenly! Do you get everything from Brambleberry? I know I jump between there and Wholesale Supplies Plus. Lotion is one of those things I still haven't made yet and I think I will have to try your recipe! Does the willow bark also help with pain? I know it's in a lot of natural pain killers and used to be chewed to deal with pain in the old days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willow Bark is a very old remedy for headaches and pains when taken orally. I have not tried it orally. Topically it is good for acne. The Salicylic Acid encourages the shedding of dead skin cells & unplugging the follicle therefore it's good for clogged pores and keratosis pilaris. Hopefully this small dosage will not irritate my skin over time.

      I purchase from 3 suppliers, Lotion Crafter, The Herbarie and Bramble Berry.
      Lotion Crafter is the only one that carries the silicone mix I prefer. Herbarie has several antioxidants and extracts to choose from. Bramble Berry has mostly basic ingredients and of course the wonderful scents. I do buy my Essential Oils from Bramble Berry. They are not the purest however they still do their magic.

      Delete
  7. This is great! I'd love to try making my own lotion, I will have to give this a try, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I'm def gunna try it!

    ReplyDelete