I am honored to have had the pleasure of reviewing two products by June Jacobs Spa Collection. They use the high quality ingredients. I know from formulating my own products these are most sought after ingredients with well known benefits in the beauty care industry. Below is my review of the two products I received.
Disclosure: This website often reviews products and receives compensation from the retailers of the products it reviews.
AGE DEFYING COPPER SERUM-Very thin liquid with a sticky after feeling on the face. I only tried this product on my face for a few days. I developed a break out of clogged pores around my eyes but I do suffer from a preexisting condition. I did continue to use this product on my hands and arms. I have sun damaged skin with age spots and scars from dermatitis. On the third night I had a difficult time finding the spots to apply the serum. That is how quickly the discoloration began to fade. While the marks are not completely gone they are less noticeable and I am less self conscious.
- Copper, Zinc, Magnesium - Help increase the body’s natural tissue building processes, promoting collagen and elastin production.
- 5% Peelmoist - A molecular film containing papain that helps smooth skin, improve moisturization and preserve the natural barrier function of the epidermis.
- Collagen - Derived from marine collagen, it helps aid cell regeneration by promoting firming and lifting benefits.
- Elastin - Derived from marine elastin, it helps the skin maintain its natural elasticity by aiding in the binding of moisture.
- Hydrolyzed Soy - Contains isoflavones, which help stimulate production of the skin’s structural components to increase firmness and elasticity.
- Hyaluronic Acid – Acts as a humectant to maintain and attract water, minimizing trans-epidermal water loss.
During my research on dermatitis and ingredients my skin would love I ran across Hyaluronic Acid several times. It's not an ingredient readily available to crafters and it comes with a hefty price tag. This is one the gold ingredients in the beauty care industry. If you see this ingredient listed it will explain the hefty price of the product and it's worth it.
NEW ANTI-AGING BLEMISH CONTROL LOTION -This is a wonderful lotion. Do not mistake this for a preventative cream. This is the product you use two days before that big celebration like the prom or a wedding. It is fact acting and none drying thanks to the broccoli, blue daisy and turmeric extract. I already include green tree extract in my products for it's soothing abilities. Tea Tree oil and Willow Bark Extract are two ingredients I include in my homemade sugar scrub which together has eliminated my blackhead issue.
- White, red and green tea extracts combined with goji berry, pomegranate and grapeseed extracts help to neutralize free radicals, protect skin from environmental toxins and combat the visible signs of premature aging.
- 1% Salicylic Acid - An acne medication that is used for the treatment, control and prevention of acne. Also known as a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) and keratolytic, helping to encourage the shedding of cells in the stratum corneum layer to unclog pores, encourage cell turnover and allow for other skin care ingredients to penetrate more effectively.
- Broccoli Extract - Natural extract derived from broccoli sprouts that helps regulate the synthesis of anti-oxidants and contains elements responsible for detoxifying problematic skin. Helps reduce skin sensitivity, reduces UV induced inflammation, and helps minimize adult acne associated with hormones and stress.
- Blue Daisy Extract - An anti-irritant, helps to soothe irritated, chronically inflamed skin that may lead to accelerated aging.
- Turmeric Extract - Derived from the underground stem of the plant, it contains the polyphenol, curcumin which has anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties to help improve skin radiance and even skin tone.
- Tea Tree Oil - This oil has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-septic properties, beneficial to problematic skin.
- Willow Bark Extract - Contains salicin, which is metabolized into salicylic acid in the human body, and is a precursor of aspirin, an anti-inflammatory that helps to soothe acneic, irritated skin.
- Camphor - A plant extract derived from the camphor tree, it helps address dermatitis, skin irritation and itchiness and helps improve circulation.
About June Jacobs:
June Jacobs, a world renowned spa visionary for over thirty years, has redefined luxury spa. As the creator of three global skin care lines, and with a continued commitment to innovation and quality, June set out to change the landscape of skin care within the spa market through the creation of the June Jacobs Spa Collection. To maintain the highest levels of quality and standards in manufacturing, June also opened an independent laboratory, June Jacobs Labs.