This website often reviews products and receives compensation from the retailers of the products it reviews.

This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site.

follow Twitter follow Pinterest follow G+ subscribe subscribe

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Feb 12th Valentine's Day

Counting down the days to Valentine's Day



Borax Crystal Heart

 

-Jars
-String
-3 tablespoons of borax per 1 cup of Boiling water




It's very important to boil the water first the mix in the borax. I did 3 jars. I forgot to mix the first round. 2nd round after boiling water and mixing I had crystals in the AM. One jar I didn't bring to a complete boil. The borax completely dissolved and no crystals formed. I ditched that mixture and started over. Within an hour I had crystals forming. Taller jars are much better. See the pink liquid? That produced the most crystals.

If you use a string to dangle the heart in the water you will see the dye color traveling up the string. How cool is that. A science project with two cool effects.

1 comment :

  1. what a fun craft! that actually reminds me of crystal rock candy i loved eating as a kid.. if only those came heart-shaped too :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...