Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Feb 6th Valentine's Day

Counting the days to Valentine's Day





















Salt Dough Hearts and craft paint.

 

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup salt
  • 1 cup cold water

Mix the salt and flour in a large bowl. Slowly add water and knead the dough on a flat surface. If the dough is too sticky add some flour. If it cracks while rolling out thinly add some water and try again. Just like baking the dough is affected by weather conditions.

Poke a hole using a straw. I allow mine to air dry for a few days, turning them over to ensure they dry evenly. Once they are completely dry then paint. The number of coats depends on the paint.

You may bake them at 200F until dry. They may form bubbles & discoloring.

FYI you can do this for any holiday. I made shamrocks for St Patty's day too.

5 comments:

  1. We haven't made this kind of dough in ages. Somehow it was only ever a Christmas craft but the hearts are a lovely idea!
    Elle
    hey_wren@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle, I agree. I made Christmas trees then it hit me, why not for other holidays!

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I haven't done craft projects like this in years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying this craft with my kiddies next week. Thank you!
    http://www.thebeautybranch.com

    ReplyDelete