Wednesday, February 27, 2013

NAAT Brazilian Keratin Review



NuNAAT Brazilian Keratin Review


Disclosure: This website often reviews products and receives compensation from the retailers of the products it reviews.


Derived from soybean, corn and wheat proteins that deeply adheres to hair fibers.
  • Works with all hair types
  • Repairs cuticle damage
  • Regenerates and strengthens hair fibers
  • Restores natural shine and softness
  • Seals hair cuticles
  • Reduces volume and frizz
  • Makes hair resilient and healthy
  • Formaldehyde and sodium chloride free

Everyday styling habits like blowing drying and straightening your hair can leave it weak or damaged. nuNAAT has graciously sent 5 full products from their Brazilian Keratin Daily Care line. They came packaged tightly with packing peanuts and tightly sealed. I was amazed at the size of the intense hair mask tub-17.6 oz. They pleasantly fragrance and not over powering. There was a familiarity to the scent that conjured happy memories.





NuNAAT CFI

I started with the intensive hair mask. It's fairly thin and a little goes a long way. I love that it contains Centrimonium Chloride which helps untangle your hair allowing you to run your fingers through your hair with ease. Polyquaternium-10 protects the hair without build up like some other Polyquaterniums. I immediately saw my curls transform before my eyes. My hands felt silky smooth too.

NuNAAT CFI

After waiting 15 minutes it was time to shower! I was excited to try the shampoo next while massaging my scalp. It was thick, opaque and lathered nicely. It didn't leave my hair feeling stripped of it's natural oils and it didn't increase the volume. I love the gentle surfactants included.

NuNAAT CFI

The conditioner has a nice consistency with glide. I started with my roots, working my way towards my roots but not the scalp. I allow the product to set while I finished my shower. I gently rinsed the product out and skipped my usual leave-in product. The proteins/keratin penetrate the hair for maximum conditioning.

While getting dress I allow my hair to dry by wrapping an old t-shirt around my head. It is more gentle than towels. Make sure you do not rub the fabric on your hair. Once it is mostly dry I add my gel and apple the Liquid Keratin Leave-in Reconstructor & Serum Ultra Shine. Both left my curls very shiny with no extra volume. The reconstructor is very very thin.

NuNAAT CFI







I give this product line 5 stars for dry processed hair. It's great for all hair types. The Shampoo is gentle for every day use if necessary however I feel it won't be needed since the conditioners don't leave a film. If you don't need volume this product is for you. My hairs add enough volume on their own.








Available in-store at Select Walgreens and Walmart stores, Beauty Supply stores and all Navarro Pharmacies. Select products available online at Amazon.com


You can visit NuNaat online and via social networks: 

Twitter @nuNAAT, Facebook. Youtube.

 

 

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Disclosure: This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site. Some affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, PickyourPlum.com & Amazon.com.

12 comments:

  1. WOW your hair looks fantastic! The product really works! Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks really great. I have always been envious of those with really curly hair because I have always thought it was absolutely beautiful, but it could be because I have always had very straight hair. You always want what you don't have, right? Anyway, I'm glad these products worked so well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Ladies! Curls need a lot of moisturizing! It use to be super dry but now it is not. The ingredients in NuNaat's Brazilian Keratin are wonderful.

    cyclomethicone/cyclopentasiloxane-helps hair dry faster

    cetearyl alcohol-boosts conditioning

    Mineral Oil is a humectant. Natural oils vary with mineral oil you know every bottle will be the same since there is a specific way each ester is processed and a standard of what an ester should be.

    isopropyl myristate- ester reduces greasy feeling. Reduces residue.

    hydrolyzed: soy protein/corn protein/wheat protein-film former-(phytokeratin) High & low molecular weight proteins that pentrates cuticle not like oat protein which is high molecular(phytokeratin) Great for dry hair not normal.

    hydroxypropyl starch phosophate-sugar soft velvety feel !!!!

    polymnia sonchifolia root juice-increases hydration

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want to mention the flip side. If your hair isn't dry or damaged Keratin might not be the ingredient you want.

    Two years ago my hair was dry and damaged. I used several ingredients found in Brazilian Keratin line to correct my hair. Now that it is well balanced I don't require keratin. Actually keratin swells my hair cuticle too much from too much moisture. Keep this in mind if you try a product and it increases volume instead of decreases. I currently only use Hydrolyzed Oat Protein in my conditioner recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I could see it being too much for curly hair. It did wonders for my hair since it was so nasty with the winter weather. My hair always looks like crap in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these products, I'm always looking for great hair products, especially for damaged hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This stuff looks amazing!! My dry hair need this desperately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living in Colorado dries out your hair bad.. thanks for this info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need some of this! I have naturally curly hair that is dry and frizzy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a tip from one curly head to another-over conditioning will do this to our type of hair too. This might not be for you.

      Delete
  10. I could really use some of this! Since I have gotten a little older my hair has gone wacko and needs a lot of help!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Check out this other review! Perfect candidate for this line.

    http://www.confessionsofamessymama.blogspot.com/2013/03/naat-brazilian-keratin-review.html

    ReplyDelete