Thursday, March 28, 2013

TT-Ginger

Yesterday I had a headache that just wouldn't quit. It was a combination of an allergy and tension headache. It was building since the weekend and my usual preventative methods was not working. -Ibuprofen, Essential Oils, Hot shower, Ice pack, Saline spray & Allergy pills. Now I was hungry but nauseous from the pain and the thought of eating wasn't appealing. It was time to try something different.






Mom watches Dr Oz. daily and I recall an episode on headaches and the benefits of Ginger. Ginger is a very warming spice when taken internally. It's soothing when you are sick for this reason. I am a huge coffee drinker but did I want to add ginger? I went for the green tea for the antioxidants instead. It wasn't terrible with a spoonful of local unfiltered honey. I do recommend using a pinch and working your way to 1/3 teaspoon. Fresh is best but ground ginger will also work.

Thirty minutes after having my ginger tea, hot sauce sandwich and one Tylenol I was a new woman.


Information from Dr Oz, Health Diaries  & LivingStrong on Ginger. Decide for yourself and try some in your hot drink or food.

What does Ginger do for you?


Past Tips

 


This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment