- 1 3/4 cup of old fashioned oat/Bob's Red Mill Organic Whole Grain High Fiber Hot Cereal
- 4 eggs (or 3 egg whites)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce or two small bananas
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6oz plain Greek yogurt (or regular plain low fat yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Line the muffin pan and/or spray non-stick cooking spray
2. Preheat the oven 350
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Use a blender to crush the oats.
4. Mash the bananas
5. Lightly Whisk the eggs, vanilla, yogurt & bananas/applesauce. Add your water
6. Create a well in the dry ingredient bowl and slowly fold in the wet ingredients.
7. Bake for 15mins.
Remember to not to over blend. Lumps are perfectly normal.
My almost 4 year old love these. I made them in mini muffin pans for him.