- Thyme is considered a natural expectorant and high in antioxidants. It has a strong bitter taste. I fill my Ekobrew with at least one heaping teaspoon in my Keurig. You also can use an empty tea bag or strainer. I add a green tea bag, honey and some lemon. http://www.ehow.com/list_6184565_health-benefits-thyme-tea_.html
- Green tea is also high in antioxidants. Flavonoids expel free radicals. It has shown to be beneficial for inflamed skin too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_tea
- Thieves oil blend-Clove, Lemon, Eucalyptus, Cinnamon and Rosemary essential oils. Great blend of anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties. http://pinterest.com/pin/183943966002270020/
- Homemade vapor rub- Apply to your feet at bedtime and wear white cotton socks. http://pinterest.com/pin/183943966001255470/
- Vapor Disc. Place on the floor of your tub while you shower. http://pinterest.com/pin/183943966001255461/
- Pine Bros. Softish throat drops. Slow melting drops that coat your sore throat. Be sure to check out my review and giveaway. http://www.pinebrothers.com/
- Sinus Buster The active ingredient Capsaicin, the common ingredient in Buster Brands products, is a highly researched botanical extract. Derived from cayenne pepper, capsaicin has a long history of use as a natural therapeutic agent for a variety of ailments. This product is NOT for everyone. This will sting. http://www.busterbrands.com/proven-relief/
- Lots and lots of water!!!!!!!!
Thieves Oil Recipe
- 200 drops of Clove Oil (Syzgium aromaticum)
- 175 drops of Lemon Oil (Citrus Limon)
- 100 drops of Cinnamon Bark (Cinnamomum verum)
- 75 drops of Eucalyptus Oil (Eucalyptus radiata)
- 50 drops of Rosemary Oil (Rosmarinus officinalis)
-Fill a spritz bottle with witch hazel and two drops of the Thieves mixture. Spray your bedding and rooms.
-Add a few drops to a carrier oil (see pin above) and apply to your chest and feet.
Quick Vapor Rub
- 2 tsp beeswax (grated)
- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil (any carrier oil)
- 25-35 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 10-15 drops rosemary essential oil
DIY Vapor Disc
-Items you will need for Sarah's recipe: