Last year (2012) my son and I made scented ornaments. We used equal parts of powdered cinnamon and apple sauce & cookie cutters. Use a straw or skewer to create holes if you plan on hanging or stringing them.
I did add some essential oils (pine to the trees & cinnamon for gingerbread) therefore we let them air dry. It took 3 days to dry and then we painted them.
- Mix equal parts of powdered cinnamon and apple sauce and flatten on a wax covered cookie sheet.
- Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Allow them to dry 3-4 days.
- Once dry add a few drops of Jovial on the front and back.
- Store in an air tight container until ready to hang or gift.
- Replenish as needed with 1-2 drops of Jovial.
This craft is great for kids and adults a like.The smell of coniferous fir trees will make you feel Christmas around you, and the aroma of Jovial will put you in just the right mood for the Christmas holidays. There is nothing better than the creation of the perfect atmosphere of warm spices and the scent of pine needles to relax everyone in the family.
You may also like Homemade gifts from last year and Spa gift set.