This website often reviews products and receives compensation from the retailers of the products it reviews.

This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site.

follow Twitter follow Pinterest follow G+ subscribe subscribe

Friday, November 8, 2013

Punch Art-I started...

Have you ever seen those adorable punch art images? You use multiple punches to layer them to create an image like a lion or a flower. I have been pinning these images for awhile now. Today I decided to follow my own advice and just make one. Just Start!

I hesitate for months because I don't have many punches but I do have a cricut with a handful of cartridges that cut shapes.

I picked a character I couldn't simply cut on the cricut & was related to Christmas. How does Sam look? I think he turned out pretty good for my first attempt.



I started with a punch elf art and matched shapes to my cartridges. I cut several sizes until I was content. Below are cutting details.
 

Hat
  • George and Basic shapes, rounded corner triangle - 2 3/4
  • Brim: George..., rounded #4 rectangle  - 3
  • Mini Monograms Flower  - 3/4
Ears
  • Plantin Schoolbook leaf -3 1/4 & 2 3/4
Face
  • Home Accents leaf shadow - 5
Nose & Eyes
  • George and Basic shapes circle - 1 , 1/2, 1/4
  • Nose 3/4

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...