Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Door Wreath

Once again Pinterest has inspired me to try a new craft. I have collected several door hangers for Halloween. I don't know what I was thinking as I only have one door.

First the inspirational pieces.

Tip Junkie
Etsy











Last Year's sign
Etsy
Sparkle with Style

I love the black and purple theme. I have a dollar store purple skull too. The leaves I have displayed with my Apothecary but I have purple tulle laying around. I love the simplicity of Boo but it's too simple for my taste. 
I started with hot glue which is not the smartest glue for tulle. After a few burns I moved on to gorilla wood glue which dries much faster standard gorilla glue.

 In my mind I saw the wreath as two parts, left and right , and I viewed it top to bottom. Therefore my Boo looks more like OOB on the finished product. It has become a conversation piece.


I love it! I hope this post inspires you to try something new too.


No comments:

Post a Comment