Saturday, February 1, 2014

Toddler love note

Last week I shared with you a craft tutorial on how to create melted crayon hearts.




Keep reading....




We used a silicone heart mold that created 1 inch hearts so they fit our glitter hearts! You can buy these shapes pre cut or you can use a cuttlebug like us. It's a mechanical machine that cuts or embossing on mediums such as paper. The cuttlebug is a good alternative to the cricut which is more expensive, louder, larger and heavier. The cuttlebug also cuts felt (clay pot Elf) and crushes melt (Wine glass charms) with ease!















You could use spray adhesive and sprinkle on glitter like I did for the pink heart or you can buy glitter foam sheets at the local craft store!


We cut some more hearts in white and stuck them on the back of the sticky foam. Now get creative and write your message. You can google if you must. Not everyone comes up with their own witty saying.

I recommend wrapping the crayon heart onto the glitter heart with twine. I had wine charms still left over which I pierced into the crayon and glitter heart. I did break 5 but that was easily fixed with another melt down.



Next time I will show you how to make a Minion Bookmarker to add to your sweets bag. I am loving the no candy ideas. Share your favorite below in the comments.













This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site. 

http://www.lillarose.biz/crazyforsavings

1 comment:

  1. Love the glitter :) Adorable! Thank you so much for linking up with Get Your DIY On in Feb. I hope you'll join us March 2nd to share your Trash to Treasure.

    Mandy @ The Hankful House Blog

    ReplyDelete