Lavender – All Things Calming
- Diffuse in a room or apply topically to calm anxiety and soothe emotions
- Apply topically to soothe irritated skin and lips
- Massage on back or bottom of feet and apply a drop to pillow at night
- Apply immediately to calm reaction to bee sting, bug bite, or burn
- Add a drop to honey to soothe a dry or sore throat
- Diffuse in a room to neutralize odors and elevate mood
- Use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances
- Take internally with water as an antioxidant and detoxifier
- Use with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse
- Inhale deeply to invigorate lungs and increase alertness
- Apply to forehead to reduce fever
- Apply to neck and forehead with Lavender to calm headaches
For personal use Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint are three essential oils I MUST have. doTERRA Essential Oil Intro Kit is the perfect starter kit containing these three essential oils. As you can see above these oils replace at least 16 OTC medicines. How do I use these oils?
Lavender is a wonderful skin toner. I apply this after washing my face with raw local honey each night. The honey gently exfoliates and hydrates the skin. Lavender soothes inflamed skin like acne or sunburned skin. Add a few drops to a warm bath with dead sea salt. Exfoliate once a week with a sugar scrub with a gentle light weight oil like Sunflower and a few drops of Lavender. What a perfect way to relax after long day.
Lemon is use to soothe sore throats, freshen a room, & awaken your senses. Add a few drops to your all purpose cleaner especially for kitchen floors and bathrooms. Freshen the empty trash can before replacing the bag. Add a dab to quickly clear up acne before a special event. Do this at night to avoid direct sun. Lemon can make your skin more sensitive to sunlight. Use this trick sparingly to avoid sensitivity.
Peppermint is a very intense essential oil. It contains menthol which induces a cooling sensation. I add 2% menthol crystals (affiliate link to amazon store) to my summer lotion (remove 2% water). The cooling sensation is perfect after a day outdoors. Peppermint oil is also an effective expectorant. I would recommend the Breathe blend for colds and allergies. Add a few drops to coconut oil and baking soda paste for homemade toothpaste.
These are just a few uses for Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint Essential Oils.
Visit doTERRA today for your kit including an introductory audio CD and booklet highlighting the uses of essential oils. Crazy for Savings' fans can also enter to win a kit below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Open to US 18+ All entries are verified. Any incomplete entries will be removed.
You have 48 hours to reply to the winning email or another winner will be chosen.
The product I reviewed and the giveaway prize was provided by My Natural Family and will be shipped to the winner by My Natural Family. All opinions expressed are my honest opinions based on my personal experiences. If you own a blog and would like to run a giveaway like this, check out their blogger program.