This website often reviews products and receives compensation from the retailers of the products it reviews.

This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site.

follow Twitter follow Pinterest follow G+ subscribe subscribe

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Frugal Blending tool

Card making is one of my hobbies. I especially love using Distress Ink pads to create my own pattern paper. The blending tools can be expensive. Sure $5 for one tool doesn't sound steep but when you are blending multiple colors changing the pad each time takes time. I don't want my ink to dry before I can blend the next color.


I saw a video on Pinterest on how to make you own blending tools. The video shows you how to create a wooden block with foam tape & Velcro. It does not include how to create the handle but I am sure you would still create your own tool for under $5.

I opted to order the blocks at Hobby Lobby. I was already purchasing other goodies and was eligible for free shopping and cash back. At the time I only had 5 ink pads and since I procrastinated on this product I have collected 20 distress ink pads.

Check out Luvleescrappin's video here:


The blocks I chose for this project are smaller than the blending pad. If you want them to be the same size I suggest visiting your local hardware store like Luvleescrappin. I did not find the Velcro or Foam tape at my local dollar store. They do vary by location.

Hobby Lobby shopping list:
1 1/4 blocks Birch Wood $3.99 for 8
Sticky Foam Tape
Velcro
Blending replacement Pads

I recently found wood products online at Caseys Wood for .35 a block before tax and s/h.


Total cost was $1.50 per tool. Ranger's Inkssentials tool is $5 at Hobby Lobby.
20 tools=$100 ranger ink and $30 diy tool
$70 savings!

I used a Bic Permanent pen to write the color & smeared some ink on another side.

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...