This website often reviews products and receives compensation from the retailers of the products it reviews.

This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site.

follow Twitter follow Pinterest follow G+ subscribe subscribe

Thursday, August 8, 2013

DIY Ink Storage




DIY Ink storage.

This was my guide. I couldn't use the 1x4 strips. My box was a bit narrower. http://kathleendriggers.com/ink-pad-storage-tutorial/

Using the box idea came from this you tube!

 







I cut the two boxes at 3 1/4 wide. Hot glued them together. I cut shelves  3 1/4 wide by 5 long. I bent the sides in at 1inch. Some I cut a bit shorter. The base of the distress inks are a snug fit so I couldn't bend the sides longer than one inch. I made sure the ink pad fit before gluing the next piece.

If I was to do this again, I would line the box inside before adding the shelves. You need to practice adding the shelves. I did remove and glue a few again. If I did line the box first that paper would have ripped off. You could add ribbon but that isn't my style.


Next step is to label the ink pads. I have them in rainbow order but when you have 5 greens it's important to know which is lime and which is olive ;-)

Or you can buy a 24ct storage for $43.49 +tax on Amazon.


No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...