This website often reviews products and receives compensation from the retailers of the products it reviews.

This blog uses affiliate programs for monetization, which means when you click on links to various sites that I recommend in my posts and make a purchase, this can result in a commission that is credited to this site.

follow Twitter follow Pinterest follow G+ subscribe subscribe

Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Hair Care recipes



My winning conditioner recipe for my curly hair type.


Heated Water Phase
distilled water 55.5%
Liquid Glycerin 1%
Hydroloyzed Oat protein 2%

Heated Oil Phase
BTMS 7%
Cetyl Alcohol 3.5%
Sunflower oil 6%

Cool down Phase
Polyquaternium#7 2%
dl Panthenol 50% Liquid 2%
Cyclo/dimethicone mix 2%
Cetrimonium Chloride 2%
Carrot extract 13%
Dulse extract 2.75%
Fragrance (cookie/pumpkin) 1%
Preservative 1%

Influenced by Swift's Dry hair conditioner.



The photo on the left is from 4 years ago. It's not wet but super stiff from commercial hair gel.  The two photos on the right are current. I used my conditioner and hair gel. It has a natural hold without that wet look and crunchy feel. 

 

Hair Gel Recipe:

 Water 94.5%
Xanthan gum 2%
Glycerin 2%
Preservative 1%
Fragrance .05%


I created a vortex and slowly poured the Xanthan gum into the heated water/glycerin mixture. It will turn into a gel substance. Before using the stick blender I added fragrance and preservative. I used a funnel to transfer it to a squeeze bottle.





I purchase from several suppliers. Not everything can be found at one supplier and some have minimum to order. I am not affiliated with the following suppliers, just those I have ordered from.
Bramble Berry -AWESOME fragrances.


 

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...